Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Some Work's Done

Updating from the college again.


I did get more information for my slam. Looks like I'll be holding it on June 5, the day before the Open Mic All-Stars which I will be reading at. Further details will emerge, but I now have enough info to get some sort of flyer typed up. I've already figured that if this one isn't successful I'll let it rest for the summer. It's hard getting people to art events, and the venue I'm at doesn't have stage space in the summer. I will hold the event outside weather permitting though. If it is a success, expect more in the summer. If not, I'll wait until the fall. At least by then I'll hopefully have gone to NYC for a vacation and will have seen a slam in action. Rather than just do research on how to conduct one, see some youtube clips, and fly by the seat of my pants like I'm doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer