Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Been Busy

I finally have a flyer design I like, I'll share it later. I hope to have copies printed and placed around town tomorrow.
I tried both Open Office Draw and Scribus, definitely went with Open Office. Scribus just seemed too clunky for my use. Open Office is more user-friendly, just needed to do something in terms of my design style. I also went to dafont.com and downloaded a bunch of fonts. I check the individual terms for fonts since I'm not the one who designed them. Not too concerned at the moment because I'm not doing anything that creates profit. My event is going to be free admission so the only thing I can share is my own art.

Finished up the semester, I'll miss working at the college. It was bittersweet to leave, but I have somewhere else to go this fall. Maybe if I wind up going into teaching I'll work at North Country again.

Cathy (my Mom's girlfriend) also graduated from Plattsburg State this past Saturday with a BA in Studio Art. She graduated summa cum laude, I as a non-biological daughter am proud.

Now I'm taking time to unwind. This is my first Monday after my internship, I kind of feel at a loss of what to do. I know I have plenty I can work on, but nothing structured. It's kind of stressing me out a bit, I've been a bit irritable these past couple days (sorry Steve, I know you bear the brunt of it). I'm trying to relax and get a summer plan for myself going so I can get to work. I told my paying job the kind of hours I want, basically I'm more flexible but don't work me too much. I'm focusing on my writing and of course I'd notify in advance if I'm doing something related to my writing that's scheduled. That way I have plenty of time to write, and read through journals. No guarantee I'll have anything published this year, but I'm persistent and know I have to take disappointment well. Of course I'll share the flyer when I have it finalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer