Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gearing up

I just got a gmail account, I'll need to change the settings for that. Currently I'm using my private e mail for blogger. I"d just prefer to have a private and a "business" account for the sake of organization. Makes things easier really.

I did the draft for my flyer, I'm not used to doing one from scratch at all. I'll definitely need to do another one. Open Office Draw does not have templates to work from like Microsoft does, but why pay so much when I can have a free program that pretty much does the same thing?

Feels like a real work day for me. I just sent my advisor my revised essay for my degree plan as well, and I need to head over to Bluseed after lunch to see what help I can get for starting up a poetry slam. I have everything I need information wise, just seeing if I can get another volunteer or two to help me with the actual event. It should be cool once things get up and running. This is the first time I've tried to organize an event, hopefully take II will be a success!

Can't wait to get home and have some lunch, and coffee. I didn't get much sleep last night, my sleep schedule's been screwed up lately. My actual paying job has become more stressful with business picking up. Keeping up with things has become so much harder! Hoping things quiet down soon there, I really don't like nights where I can't get everything done. Money's money though, gotta pay the bills and put food on the table. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer