Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Did It

I sent out my first submission! The reality probably won't hit me until I get a response of some sort. Very likely it will be a rejection, since this is my first submission ever, but you know, I just keep working at it. Move on to the next publication to peruse, determine what I can send, and send it. Keep doing that ad nauseum whether I get accepted or not. Keep building up. Own it.

That is really all I can do at this point, and after I get a reputation I an look into actual books. Or enter book contests, I can look at Poets and Writer's website for those. The point is to keep moving and stay motivated.

I also have my Jam on Friday of this week, hoping for a turnout. I've been telling everybody I know, I also had a query in my gmail which I happily answered. Been telling my friends and people who seem interested, the flyers are all over town. Having it at a more established venue should help out a bit, seeing the coffee shop didn't work out.

The evening after I will be at the open mic night All Stars as well. I have something up my sleeve for that show regarding the piece I was asked to read. ^^ I hope the audience likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer