Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Event Tonight

I'm slowly coming out of my writer's block. It's taking time but I felt the spark of inspiration the other night. It was overwhelming at one point because of the intensity. It hit me and then I had to put on some music to fit the mood and just write.
It was a little painful, but as an artist I am willing to put myself through that pain for my art. I enjoy creating something I can share with people, whether I'm writing about something serious or silly.

I am conducting another open reading event tonight as well. I need to put the finishing touches on my latest work. Maybe I'll bring some poems written by other writers I like since I have been in a block since my last event. Maybe I'll bring out some of my older material as well. I have a good while to get everything organized, I'll have my stuff together by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer