Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Another Week In the Hamster Wheel of Life

I'm adjusting to my new social media position. Taking the time to learn how to optimize the pages I run for Art Works and what I can do in the near future. I have a ton of ideas, but many of them will have to be proposed next meeting. I'm excited to do a presentation on what I can do for Art Works and the benefits of using online mediums for promotion/connection to the audience.

I'm so excited for Word! tomorrow night. It will be an exciting evening of poetry. Always refreshing. Speaking of refreshing, I've discovered Indiefeed a regular podcast of performance poetry. Plus I've discovered so many other wonderful things through listening, such as different projects and YouTube channels for performance.

Not much else going on, open mic was great. I had another outstanding performance that I'm still receiving compliments for. Thank you everybody, it really means a lot. Compliments keep me going, I know I'm in a productive direction when other artists say nice things to me!

School is the usual. Starting a paper on Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, since her work was interesting. Communications analysis is on a unit on mass media. Intriguing stuff really. I've been on a roll and I'm almost halfway through the term. Plan on wrapping up my studies for the day so I can get some rest before the paying job.

I also discovered something new and awesome. Neatorama has a sub-blog titled Bit Lit which features chapter-by chapter postings of novels, stories and poetry. A new chapter is added every day until a novel is done, and yes they have the rights to post published material from major publishers. A great way to read without adding yet more books to my already crowded apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer