Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Excited!



First, these three fantastic poets (Roger Bonair-Agard, Samantha Thornhill and Rachel McKibbens) will be performing at BluSeed Studios on the 28th. It will be an amazing event. I've been attending the Word! shows for the past few years, and the first one I attended was the one that inspired me to write again.

I feel poetry is an art you need to hear to fully take in. Speaking poetry gives it life and makes it grip the listener's soul. It can give the listener shivers, make a lump grow in their throat, puts the mind to work.

Speaking of BluSeed, Open mic is Thursday. I'm considering reading something by Edgar Allan Poe in celebration of the season. I'm thinking of reading "A Dream Within a Dream". I also have an election poem churning further in my mind. It's a piece already drafted, but ready to make the steps towards maturity.

Thursday the Youth Center is holding an open house. I'm thinking of paying a visit to propose my plans for hosting workshops there. I want to teach kids an art form that can give them a voice and help them overcome their troubles, teach themselves how to get more out of life.

I also have another job to add to my list of writer, student and lowly store clerk. I am now the social media manager for Saranac Lake Art Works, I've set up a twitter page and a facebook page. Please join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer