Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Why are we a Culture of Baby Eaters?

I ask because I was making a salad for lunch, to see it is labeled as 'baby lettuces'. Now I have to write a poem about baby eating, we eat baby carrots too. Yet tiny tomatoes are named in comparison to other small fruits, they're not called 'baby tomatoes'.

Been keeping busy, and behaved. School, paying job, volunteer job. Losing motivation but maybe it's because of how I'd been cruising along with homework for these past several weeks. Now between the cold, rain, snow and weeks of work I'm feeling unmotivated. My paying job is over the worst of the renovations, just nuts and bolts. It feels so different now, not the old, dingy, cramped store it once way. Yet working in that dingy old place for nearly seven years has kind of messed up my mind. The volunteer job, well that's a whole new experience. I do get paid, it's a barter system. I offer one service, and get another in return.

My world has been stable. Seeing if I can get some transportation for the 18th. Another installation of Word! at Paul Smiths' College. I'd have to miss performing at open mic very likely, but it's a sacrifice I'll make to see other awesome poets in action.

Glad election season is over too, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't have as many calls, although the mailings have been regular. Crazy Carl wasn't elected which is a relief. Political parties aside, he was just so inconsistent and came off as unstable. Remember the Dean Scream years ago? Picking fights, words and actions not matching up, not sure if I'd have someone like that running my state. We'll see how the country fares in the next couple years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer