Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Progress

My final project story is coming along. Now that I have my other assignments behind me for now I have more energy to devote to writing. Starting out I had such a hard time with voice and tone, the plot was coming along, but it wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to. It took rewriting the beginning to find a presentation that suited the actual story itself.

Poetry wise I've been working on a poem about raspberries. I've also ordered some books to help me up my game as a writer and performer. There is always room for improvement, no matter how good everybody says you are. There is always something more you can give, it's just learning how to find and express it.

I am also planning my vacation. Everything's a go, so I'm scoping out things to do, places to go, etc. It'll feel nice to get away for a bit, put myself in a new environment. Got somewhere to stay, will book bus tickets soon and get directions. I'll see how educational I can make my trip too.

I also got an offer to go into business with a friend. I'm supposed to meet with her tomorrow evening about it. I'll give more detail as everything becomes clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer