Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Back....I Guess



So that's the art machine, isn't it a beauty? I've already used it several times. Tuesday there's going to be another party to replenish the stock. Expect it somewhere around town during Thursday's Art Walk.

So luckily, my Dad doesn't have cancer. He does have COPD, still lung disease, but at least it's not cancer. I am relieved about that.

I've been trying to keep my mojo up with writing, and have a few pieces in the works. I've been feeding myself inspiration in the form of Brave New Voices on DVD. My mind's been locked as of late and watching has become a sort of cerebral ex-lax, when I have the time to write. I had a long week last week honestly, extra hours at the paying job. Then I was feeling a bit ill over the weekend which kept me resting most of the time when I was home. I did take the time to go to Pendragon for a show, I needed the laughs.

I did have a show in Thursday, but there was no turnout. I haven't had a turnout that bad since March 09. It was the heat, ninety degree weather all week. The heat may have been part of why I felt so unwell these past few days too. Better luck next month.

I should get plenty done this week though. My paying job's giving me a little break hour-wise. Plenty of time to finish projects and hobknob around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer