Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's That Time Again!

Open mic night! A week late, but still happening! Yay I'm psyched!

I just need to finish looking over the drafts for my latest poems and decide which ones I will read for the evening. I also plan on sharing a Tom Waits spoken-word piece as well, because Tom Waits rocks.

Still bugging Steve to design a layout and setup here to help connect me with the rest of the web. I'm thinking Saturday would be a great business day since we will both be off from our paying jobs together. He can work on the layout and I can organize my networking accounts to make my work more reachable to the rest of the world!

I just finished reading Crush It! by famed netizen Gary Vaynerchuk. I recommend it to anyone wanting to do something with themselves, no matter what it is. It really helps with giving advice, ideas and organization to help make whatever your passion is your life. Once I have all my bearings together the rest should be a busy (but smooth) ride. Not that things are ever supposed to be easy, but getting started is usually the toughest hurdle, but once you're fired up it's just keeping up on fuel.

School has been off to a great start for instance. I just started on my paper about The Crucible for my American History Through Literature course, and am already starting on reading the beloved classic Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. As a child I had a Great Illustrated Classics copy of Little Women and I loved it. Even though Great Illustrated Classics seems to condense a lot of literature, breaking down a 450 page, two-part novel into something that can be read within the span of a few hours if given the time. Not complaining though, I'm glad my parents encouraged my reading habit, and the actual full novel is even more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer