Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Attempting to Settle

I'm attempting to get things settled down around here. Hoping to tie my networking together in an organized manner so no matter where people find me, they'll be able to see my other platforms as well. I'll create a new YouTube account just for my performances (unless you want to see some goofy cat videos as well). I should link my Twitter as well, and at some point create a facebook fan page. I know I've blathered about this all before.

I'm feeling kinda bummed, there's no open mic this month. Between winter break/semester starting, and the director needing a little break there is no open mic. Open mics are one of the highlights of the month for me, not just because I perform, but I get to meet other wonderfully talented people. At least there's one next month.

February should be interesting. I'll have more material than usual to go through and pick from if there's no open mic this month. I'll be turning the big 2-7 in a month. In terms of entertainment the new season of RuPaul's Drag Race will begin in February. I'm usually not into reality shows, but I love watching RuPaul's Drag Race. Plus it's always good to be reminded to be fierce, everybody needs a little fierce in their lives.

Other than that, just trying to keep the winter blahs away. Writing helps on the therapeutic end. Because my mind wanders I also like escapism. Lately I've been watching Farscape, I got my fiance the whole series for Christmas, and we've been watching it together. I don't know why I didn't get into it when it was on television, then again I would probably have had to fight with my sister over the TV since she prefers sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer