Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Art Walk

The First Art Walk of the season was an awesome experience. It was a beautiful day which made the event even better. Wandered all over town taking it all in. Live music, gallery showings etc. There was a book release at the Adirondack Artist's Guild for a cookbook of local recipes featuring some of these recipes prepared for tasting.

The art machine was a blazing success! Every time I went by it I saw a crowd of people. 2/3 of the art was sold that day so there is a call for more contributions. It will only run at certain times fully supervised, because there are times the machine jams up. I even put some coins in for a few pieces. It's almost like Christmas because each box is a surprise. Apparently the Village Justice got one of my poems. An artist friend of mine got one of my handwritten pieces. I can't wait for the next art walk.

Today has been a good day so far. I went to the village farmer's market for some honey and iced wildflower tea. Afterward I went to one of the many little parks dotting the village and sat in the shade with my homework. It looks like it might storm later, glad to have spent some time outside in the fresh air. My porch garden is beginning to bloom too, already the planters are overflowing. I even have plants growing from under one of the pots. Seems some seeds were under the pot but exposed enough for sunlight. It looks odd, but kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer