Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Performance Videos Finally! and a Recent Inspiration in my Life

I finally have time to share my performance videos. I've been busy lately and had to pull out of a funk I got stuck in, but I'm feeling fine now.
And I have another open mic I'll be attending in two weeks, I'll be sure to have some material as well, been getting some good inspiration lately.

The first one is a returning favorite, I had to revise it to fit current news. It's still fun, and I ended up changing more than just to fit current events. I took out some of the more "angry" lines, feeling they took away from the general playfulness and whimsy I wanted this poem to have. I now present: Miss California's ABCs, Second Edition



And this next one, which has had a few more plays, pays tribute to a music artist I discovered back in October. I found what he did to be pure magic, even if he is an obscure artist, but I can share more videos, love him or be weirded out by him, I wrote an Ode to Klaus Nomi



Now I'll share some videos of Klaus Nomi, because he was just that awesome. First starting with a classic.






Truly unusual, but beautiful. There's a bounty of other videos on YouTube, with performances, TV appearances and a couple more music videos if anyone else is intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer