Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holidays, Whee!

Had another wonderful open mic last Thursday. I swear I see so many delightful surprises from people when I'm there. You never know what you'll see, and it's always changing. This past open mic I saw a horn trio and someone play the digeridoo. I hope there will be one next month, it depends on demand though, since during January many of the students who populate the are go home for winter break.

I'm still figuring out which of the videos I've had taken will be uploaded and shared.

Been tired and generally bummed out, hoping it's just the winter blahs. Happy Solstice though, it means the days will start getting longer now. Can't argue with that. I have everything ready for Christmas, shopping's done, gifts are wrapped and cards sent out to family. Went to a party the other night with a huge tray of cookies I made.

At the moment I'm also reading Nightlight, a Twilight parody. I don't totally understand the hype, then again when I was a teenager Lestat was the prime vampire. Not all this Byronic *sparkle* crap. The adventures of Belle and Edwart are much funnier though, as he saves her from buying Sega products, and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer