Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Post

Making a post before I go out to First Night. I told the paper I'm interning for I'd help take photos along with their regular photographer. Covers more ground that way. Looking forward to it, looks like there's going to be some great acts for the evening. There is going to be some poetry from local students that I'm going to catch. It's kids from the local schools, so I'll see what kind of talent is growing there.

Speaking of which, I feel I have grown a lot as an artist this year. It really helps that I've gone out and read my work for audiences and have received so much support from people. I've had room to experiment and go through phases and themes. I'll still continue to do this, but it feels great to say I've come quite a way. I'm forming my own identity over time as an artist and as a person. I'm taking elements and seeing what works for me personally, my views on the world around me are changing.

It's not always easy, and at some times it's rather painful to go through a catharsis. I've been dealing with one this past month actually. I've had good days and bad days. Days full of cheer and days where I feel completely jaded. I know I should keep pressing forward though, it's the only way to grow and improve. It gives my mind the fuel needed to create more works to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer