Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wrapping-Up

The year is winding down, and I am wound-up.

The semester is coming to a close (thank goodness!) and I have been rushing around trying to finish up final projects. Three classes after this and I'll graduate. Already registered for the spring!

Holidays, Mom put me in charge of dessert for Christmas dinner this year. I'm known for making lots and lots of amazing cookies. I'll probably start on more cookies tomorrow evening. I'm too busy today. Got half my gift wrapping done, still need to wrap gifts for my family.

Last Friday I had my first non Open-mic or personal show performances. It was for an art reception. Okay it was at BluSeed, but the suggestion that I read came from an artist friend who thought it would be cool, and BluSeed has a stage so there was no special set up involved.

I've had two meetings this week, and another one to attend this afternoon. I went to the ArtWorks meeting Tuesday morning, paying job meeting yesterday and a business meeting for Art Works members from the entrepreneur center. It's free and will help the group orchestrate a five year plan since Art Works is growing.

I also have Open-mic tonight! Getting poems ready, show's just mere hours away and I'm putting finishing touches on pieces, but that's how I apparently roll. I'll be fine, just a matter of getting my mind in gear. Don't worry mind, you'll get to relax soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer