Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Shows etc.

Have another show tonight, hoping for good weather. There's thunderstorm warnings for today.
I've also planned out my events for August, and they coincide with other local events happening earlier in the day. Fliers are also ready as well, soon as the black ink order comes in I can print and post the next set.

I also need to get off my duff, so to speak, and crack down on sending in submissions. I've grown lazy, downright distracted. I could say it's the ADD, but my parents said to never use it as a cop-out for anything. I'm just distracted. I think it's because it's not as structured as say, making open commitments to others (events) or school or a paying job. Maybe I'll do better if I actually structure a schedule for myself, have a period where I go over a journal and send my own work in. Plus reading in public is more gratifying at this point in time. As shy as I can be, I do enjoy getting out there and talking amongst others.


Time for me to get some rest, I've been running around all day. I need to recharge for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer