Latest Performance

I'm a small-town poet in both written word and performance. I'm more influenced by rock and roll but I am also a lit-chick full of curiosity. My influences are far and wide and I can find writing inspiration in anything, from important matters to pure whimsy.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One a Day

National Poetry Month is in its last 10 days. I've been working through the one a day challenge. Sometimes I wind up slacking and miss a day. In those cases I write two to make up for my laziness/too busy and I forgot to write.

It's especially difficult when I just don't have that *spark* as I call it. I can be inspired by anything, and everything. It's just that flash of how to put it forth. That magic needed to put it on paper or digital file and feel proud of what I've written. That's how I actually got the name for my blog, I wrote two poems about mashed potatoes. I felt very proud of myself for how both came out, and when I read them at the last open mic night everybody loved them.

I was talking about this last weekend. I went to SUNY Plattsburg's senior art show, my Mom's girlfriend is part of it. Over dinner after the reception we were talking about that "magic" you get working on some pieces. Although she paints and I write we're both artists. It's that feeling you get when you start on a piece and just know it's going to come out fantastic.

Now I'm going to wrack my brain and write two poems for today. Tomorrow I should start drafting my latest pieces to my computer. It makes editing so much easier when they're typed.

Random Fact: Drinking a shot of pickle juice during/after working out can help prevent muscle cramps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

footer